Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chilean Earthquake Relief- Hits Home


For those of you who may not know, my father is Chilean, and all my family on that side live in Chile. Luckily, they are all okay after the devastating earthquake this past weekend. There was structural damage to all their homes and my uncle and 2 cousins are still stuck at the beach because the roads back to Santiago are either too badly damaged to drive back on or completely destroyed. Chileans are strong people and I know they will build their country back but it is difficult to sit here in Colorado and see the damage on the news and just feel helpless.

The American Red Cross has an International Relief Fund that was started to help Haiti and now is in place for Chile. If interested, this is the best way to make sure funds get where they should. All donations are tax deductible. I will be having a donation jar in my office from now on and will be sending the money to this organization. But here is the information if interested in making a donation. Please put "Chile Earthquake Relief Fund" in the memo section of the check so it goes to the right relief organization.


American Red Cross
P.O. Box 97089
Washington, D.C 20090-7089


I know you can also text and it sends $ automatically from your phone but do not know the exact #'s for this. Please check with your plan to make sure it is legit.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I am so happy your family is OK! We had a child who goes to our school in Haiti when the earthquake hit. His parents didn't know if he was alive or dead for about 48 hours. Thank heavens he is OK and home safe. I am so glad you were able to get through to find out everyone was OK!

Michelle Uthoff M.S., L.Ac said...

thank you Katherine

trulium said...

i have read your blog. and i like it, so i have submit my own links in your blog sites.Health Clinics Westminster