Friday, March 26, 2010

Acupuncture Article in The Wall Street Journal 3/23/2010


I always enjoy it when my patients snip out articles they find in the paper mentioning acupuncture and its validity and bring them to me. I know partly it is validation for their family and peers that what they have been spending their money on, no matter how much they can tell them it is working, is not 'voodoo medicine'. But I keep them and put them up in my office. This last one had a huge color picture of the ear, my love and one of my specialties, with acupuncture needles sticking out of it and all these points labeled. My favorite....the "drunk point". In textbooks, this is usually referred to as the "alcohol point", but hey...I'll take The Wall Street Journal's take on that. Whatever gets people to read the article and try acupuncture! Here is the article.

No comments: