Wednesday, April 28, 2010

People to Know


As part of my 'People to Know' segment I want to spotlight a website this time. A little unorthodox, but on this website are therapists who I believe could be great 'People to Know'. See....it kind of made sense. "Somatic Experiencing" is based upon the work of Peter Levine, author of 'Waking the Tiger'. And I have seen firsthand how powerful this work is when integrated with the acupuncture I do for PTSD. On this link for the website is all the information about "SE", as well as a directory for practitioners who do this work in all 50 states. When referring to someone who I think can benefit from "SE" I have referred to Teri Sullivan Lutz here in Denver. Her information can be found on the website in the practitioner directory. If interested in just the overall mind body connection to trauma, I cannot emphasize enough to pick up a copy Peter Levine's 'Waking the Tiger'. It's a great first step to understanding how it is not "all in your head".

No comments: